Conducting a SWOT analysis includes examining the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of your events as a business. this is a critical step in the marketing plan because it delves down and exposes the heart of your event. This vulnerability allows you to review your situation in truth and by doing so you can determine the best plan of action. The following lists some questions you may ask yourself when conducting a SWOT analysis.
- What makes you better than others?
- What actions do you do well?
- What are your competencies? What knowledge, skills and attitude do you have that can help you?
- What do other people say you do well?
- Why should you of all people undertake this project?
- What could you improve?
- In what ways are you not efficient?
- What don’t you do well?
- Where are you incompetent?
- What should you avoid doing?
- Why shouldn’t you undertake this project?
- What real opportunities are present today?
- What areas have not been covered or offered by current competition?
- What could be done today that isn’t being done?
- How are you different and how does this difference set you apart from competition?
- What are the negative tendencies in play today?
- What obstacles do you face right now?
- Who or what might cause you problems in the future and how?
- What is the competition doing that might cause difficulties for you?